Want to get as many people as possible to subscribe to your free opt-in offer?
If you said, “Heck yes, Jenny!” today’s blog post is for you.
That’s because I’m sharing 44 opt-in ideas that have been proven to create an avalanche of email subscribers (without being pushy or obnoxious!).
If you don’t have an opt-in offer, or if your current opt-in isn’t converting as well as you want it to, this post could be a game-changer for your business.
Stop going around in circles wondering what kind of freebie to create. Just create it.
It’s all right here.
What You Need to Know About Free Offers
An opt-in, also known as a lead magnet, freebie, or pink spoon, is one of the best ways to bring new subscribers to your email list.
For coaches and service providers, your opt-in offer is typically a piece of valuable content that you give away to a prospect in exchange for their email address.
Your free offer can take many forms: a PDF, a video, an email course, a checklist, an eBook, or any other downloadable content.
Often, this is the first place business owners get tripped up: They don’t know what format their opt-in should be.
If you’re just starting out, I recommend creating a PDF cheat sheet or checklist. You want it to be something that won’t take a lot of time to create but will still give your prospects a lot of value.
If you’ve been in business for awhile and know what works for your audience, you can begin to experiment with videos or email courses. Just remember to give your prospects a “quick win.” You want them to see right away that you can help them solve their problems.
Why you need a free offer
If you want to grow a steady stream of ready-to-buy prospects, you must offer a opt-in. There’s no getting around it.
That’s because your opt-in offer does a few things. First, it attracts your perfect prospects and filters out people who might not be a good fit for your services.
It also gives your prospects a taste of how you work, which is essential to building trust. And when your prospects trust you, they buy from you!
So now that you’re ready to create your freebie, let’s dive into my list of 44 freebie ideas proven to get more subscribers.
Formula #1: Quantify It
Numbers automatically grab your prospect’s attention. That’s because numbers are specific quantities, which the brain prefers. (Which would you rather read, “21 Winning Ways to Book Clients Fast” or “A Few Ways to Book Clients Fast”?)
- # Things You Must Know Before _______
- # Proven Ways to Use _______
- # Quick Ways to Feel _______ Fast
- # Steps to _______ Without _______
- # Things I Wish I Knew Before _______
- # _______ That Save You _______ a Week
- # Ways You Can _______ Faster Than _______
- # Signs You Are _______
Formula #2: Imagine It
The technical term for headlines like these is “future pacing.” This is when you help your prospects “see” what the future could be for them—and, more importantly, how you can help them get there. (e.g. The Six-Figure Success Method: How to Make $10k [every dang month] in Your Online, Service-Based Business)
- Go From _______ to _______ In Just # Days
- The _______ Kit: How to _______ So You Can _______
- Feel _______, _______ & _______ in # Minutes a Day
- Now You Can _______ Without _______
- Discover How to _______ While Still _______
- Get Rid of _______ Once & for All
Formula #3: Teach It
The reason you see so many “how-to” headlines like this is because they work! It’s human nature to want to attain a specific result, without a lot of time or effort. (e.g., How to Create an Opt-In Offer Your Followers Actually Want)
- How to _______ Without _______
- How to _______ Like _______
- How to _______ Even if You _______
- How to _______ Like a _______ in Just # Days
- Discover Your Inner _______: A Step-By-Step Guide
- How to Survive Your _______
- How to _______ in # Easy Steps
Formula #4: Spill the Beans
Who doesn’t love hearing about an insider secret? If you have expert information, your free offer is the perfect place to showcase your knowledge. A word of warning, though: Remember to meet your prospects where they are, and don’t overwhelm them with too much information at once. (e.g., Steal This! Boundary Setting Email Scripts)
- Revealed: The Secret to _______
- Try It Yourself: Find a _______ in Only # Days
- My DIY Guide For Getting _______
- Revealed: An Inside Look At How I _______
- The One Thing You Must Do to _______
- The Insider’s Guide to _______
- The Real Truth About _______
Formula #5: Make It Quick
Remember Veruca Salt, the spoiled brat from Willy Wonka? She isn’t the only one who wants “the whole world” right now. We humans naturally want to do things faster and easier, so offering a freebie that allows your prospects to do just that gives them a great incentive to sign up for your list. (e.g, 5 Email Scripts to Get Clients Fast)
- Top 10 Best Ways to _______ Fast
- _______ Like a Pro in Just # Days
- How to Plan the Ultimate _______ in Less Than _______
- # _______ You Can Do Faster Than a _______
Formula #6: Make It The Ultimate
You’ll see more and more of these ultimate guides cropping up. That’s because they make you an instant expert and have the potential to draw in hundreds of subscribers. (e.g., The System Flight Kit: Everything You Need to Create Effective Systems)
- FREE: A Done-For-You _______
- The _______ Series: A Complete Look At _______
- The Only _______ You’ll Ever Need
- The Ultimate Guide to _______
- The Beginner’s Guide to _______
- 101 _______ That _______
Formula #7: Give Them a Taste
Ice-cream shops have known this forever—give people a free sample, and they will come. Your free offer is the perfect way to give your prospects a taste of what it’s like to work with you, whether it’s a free consult or an example of a script that you use. (e.g., New Client Intake System)
- Increase _______ with a Free _______ Evaluation
- Free Live Training! How to Easily _______ So You Can _______
- Free Trial: We Help Transform _______ into _______. Try 1 Month for Free
- The Ultimate _______ Swipe File
- My Proven _______ Script Will Help You _______
- Your Go-to _______ Template for _______
Which One Is Right for You?
Whew! That was a lot of ideas. Now that you have a jumping off point for creating your next irresistible freebie, tell me…
Which free offer are you excited to create?
Has one of these formulas worked well for you in the past?